Did you know 1 in 5 US citizens suffer from mental health?
Let me tell you a story of how someone I didn't even know, managed to help me with my mental health issues ...
... Yes ... I was once a victim of mental health.
I got bullied in school. I got bad grades. My parents were disappointed in me.
I got teased day in and day out throughout my whole high school life. My friends from primary school slowly stopped being friends with me because of the attention I got from the bullies.
By the age of 16, I was taking depression tablets.
At 17, my parents separated, and everything went downhill from there.
The number of times that I almost killed myself hurts to even attempt to count them.
Guess what helped me?
When I was 25, the girl that worked at the Thai restaurant (a 5 min walk from my house) told me that she always notices that I’m upset. She told me that I’m not alone and that I can come to the shop for a chat whenever I need to and even offered me discounts.
The fact that someone noticed and spoke up. I can’t even begin to explain how much that helped.
Give or take, roughly 12 months after that occasion, I broke out of depression, I began to help others who have mental health. And I began to host local events in my town for mental health awareness!
I visited orphanages in Bali and Indonesia, and I helped spread the word about mental health awareness there as well!
I’m now at a point in my life, where I’m so very happy.
And I truly believe and acknowledge the fact that this woman working at the Thai restaurant honestly helped me so much.
Simply by speaking up.
Here at Awareness Avenue, we teach people how to help someone with mental health issues and we ask you to speak up!
If you know of someone who is suffering from mental health, tell them you are here for them. Tell them what you think, and just speak. It's okay if they deny it. They don't have to admit anything. They know it deep down and even if they push you away, deep down they are begging you to stay!
Find someone who needs help, order one of our mental health awareness rings and gift it to them.
Why is Mental Health Awareness So Important?
So far, we've celebrated and supported mental health awareness month for over 70 years! Talk about support! Thank you all for being a part of this wonderful family!
Since 1949, Mental Health America and its national affiliates have declared May as the Month of the Spirit, which has had millions contribute to mental health awareness month through media, local events, and film adaptations.
By using your mental health awareness ring you are able to implement an awareness program! We also encourage other organizations and groups to spread ideas that address all mental health issues & increase awareness! We only want what's best, and the smallest things in life can help someone get through the hard times!
Supporting Mental Health
Awareness Avenue began in 2016 with one single beautiful purpose. To raise awareness of Mental Health and help change the future for thousands of people.
Since then we have become a strong unity of over 450,000 people showing love, support, and care through the meaning of mental health awareness to all who might need it.
Be a part of the good cause, order your Mental Health Awareness Ring now and wear it proudly! Or if you know someone who might be struggling, please do order it for them, you never know how much it will help! And we understand every persons' good intention through this post, so we've currently discounted more than 70% off all orders. We want to do good, and we want a change in this world.
Mental Illness Awareness Week
Every year, millions of Americans face the reality of mental illness. But mental illness affects everyone, directly or indirectly, through family, friends or colleagues.
We think it is important to discuss mental health throughout the year, but focusing on mental illness awareness on a weekly basis gives national mental health advocates a unique time to unite.
Help us spread Mental Health Awareness and beat mental health by wearing your mental health awareness jewelry with pride!
Awareness Avenue has created a list of different type of events to raise awareness throughout the year in various countries:
January Mental Health Awareness Month
- Cervical Health Awareness Month
- National Birth Defects Month
- National Climate Awareness Month
- National Action is Radon Month
- National Awareness Month
- Winter Sports Through National Sports Injuries (TBI)
- Gully Awareness Month
- National Week People's hearts to move folic acid
- National Week on Drugs and Alcohol (August 22)
February Mental Health Awareness Month
- Intel Awareness Month / Poor Exposure
- In the eyes of the nations, to prevent the infection of the month of one's birth,
- Violence Month for Youth
- National Red Heart Women's World Day
March Mental Health Awareness Month
- MS Awareness Month
- National Awareness Month Fleet
- National Colon Cancer Awareness Month
- National Awareness Month for Endometriosis
- National Kidney Month
- National Awareness Month Brain Injury
- Remember to present you one month
- World Kidney Day (March 12)
April Mental Health Awareness Month
- In the health and safety of women
- National Day of Rape, Abuse, and It (Rain) Today (April 5)
- World Health Day (April 7)
- Youth Violence Prevention for Homeland Week (12 to 8 April)
- National Day to Transfer Youth Conscience (April 10)
- National Week to Move the Conscience of Infertility (27 to 21 April)
- Minority National Cancer Awareness Week (TBA)
- Seven World Viruses (TBA)
May Mental Health Awareness Month
- American Stroke Awareness Month
- Arthritis Awareness Month
- Preferably, one-month talk hearing
- Clean Air Month
- CF Awareness Month
- Work in food allergies
- Workers at World Health and Fitness
- Health Month Vision
- 100 Hepatitis Awareness Month
June Mental Health Awareness Month
- National Awareness Month
- Epstein Bar, National Awareness Month
- National Security
- Tight National Skin
- Awareness month of scoliosis
July Mental Health Awareness Month
- When Bone Blood Awareness Month
- International Group B Awareness month sore throat
- Rheumatoid arthritis and kidney of the month
August Mental Health Awareness Month
- National Virus Awareness Month
- Pupil Awareness Month
- World Breastfeeding Week
- National Center for Health Week
September Mental Health Awareness Month
- Blood Cancer Awareness Month
- Monthly awareness of childhood cancer
- The elderly are healthy
- The month of Prostate Cancer Training
- Monthly sepsis awareness
- Sexual Health Awareness Month
- Sports Safety Points
- World Alzheimer's Month
October Mental Health Awareness Month
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- World Mental Air Day (June 6)
- Mental Illness Awareness Week
- National Grief Exhibition Day
- National Oral and Soccer Saturday
- Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day
- Prevent Standard Weekly Disease
- Child and Pregnancy Awareness
- Latin American AIDS Awareness Day
- World Food Day
- World Children's Day
- Respiratory Therapy on Saturday
- National Health Education Week
- National Medical Standards Week
- International Day for Information Protection (Slip) International Day
- World Day of Psoriasis
November Mental Health Awareness Month
- American Diabetes Month
- The month of healthy urination
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) can be a blessing
- Diabetic eye disease month
- The month of pancreatic cancer awareness
- The month of initial awareness
- World Day survivors commit suicide
- Grid Awareness Week
- National Health Day
- Glass Awareness Week (TBA)
December Mental Health Awareness Month
- World AIDS Day (Dec. 1)
- National Handwashing Awareness Week (Dec. 1–7)
Mental Health Awareness Month FAQs
How Can I Contribute to Mental Health Awareness?
We really hope you contribute to mental health awareness month by ordering someone a mental health awareness ring, whether that be your parents, brother, sister, friend, neighbor, teacher, or even your neighbors' friend! You never know how much it may help them, statistics show that something as small as this can help save 3 lives a week!
Why is May Mental Health Awareness Month?
May is represented as the Mental Health Month which has been established since 1949. The whole month of May is used to recognize and acknowledge this condition that is affecting those around the world - that is why May is Mental Health Month.
What is Mental Health Awareness Month 2020?
Mental Health Awareness Month is an establishment that is celebrated every month of May and on day 10th of October to encourage us to admit this illness of Mental Health. This awareness is used to discuss our mental health and wellbeing throughout our daily activities. We also use this occasion to talk about the importance of this issue with each other and understand how to help those affected.