It is common for jewellery to lose its shine. Exposure to outside elements, and contact with fragrances, lotions, and body oils, for example, can dull your favourite pieces over time.
Luckily, there is an easy solution to restore most of the jewellery you receive from us.
All our cleaning methods are entirely harmless and super effective.
Follow this process if you are cleaning jewellery WITHOUT engravings:
You will need the following items:
- Clean cotton cloth, pallets or similar
- Container of lukewarm water
Then do this:
- Submerge the jewellery in the lukewarm water.
- Let the item sit for about five minutes.
- Wipe and dry the item gently but thoroughly with a cotton cloth or similar.
Follow this process if you are cleaning jewellery WITH engravings:
If using this method you should NOT submerge the jewellery in the water.
- Simply wipe the item gently but thoroughly with the dampened cotton cloth or similar. Do this to preserve the condition of your engravings.
We only ever use 100% pure metals. Therefore, the following process is entirely safe to use with Awareness Avenue jewellery.
A very effective but slightly more aggressive cleaning method:
PLEASE BE AWARE: If using this method for jewellery NOT purchased from Awareness Avenue, you may run the risk of tarnishing your item, as we cannot guarantee a positive reaction with impure metals.
Excessive exposure to light, air, and moisture can make your shiny silver finish appear dull or tarnished. Fortunately, cleaning silver doesn't have to be tedious. With a few pantry ingredients, such as salt and baking soda, you can easily restore shine and remove tarnish from silver jewellery.
How to Naturally Clean Silver & Steel (pure metals only):
Cleaning silver with a combination of baking soda, salt, and aluminium foil, typically does the trick for small and large silver pieces.
- Line a bowl with aluminium foil- making sure the foil covers the entire surface.
- Fill the bowl with boiling water.
- Add a 1/4 cup of baking soda and two teaspoons of kosher salt to the water and stir. You should see bubbles form.
- Mix the solution- then carefully place the silver jewellery into the bowl.
- Let it sit for five minutes. Once cool, remove the item, and dry thoroughly with a soft cloth.
And there you go! Good as new!
We hope these methods have helped restore your jewellery. If you have any additional questions regarding this process (or anything else) we’re only an email away at: firstname.lastname@example.org.